Marş Araştırmacı (adlı üyemiz)
Mesajlar
Tepki Puanı
YouTube
link
There is no sheet music.
Marş from Usûl:Semai.
I knew it for the first time.
Rauf Yekta Bey wrote "La musique turque" in French in "Encyclopédie de la musique et dictionnaire du conservatoire".
You can find the sheet music there.
However, it is listed as Usul:Yürük Semai.
Dede Efendi's "Ey büt-i nev-edâ" and "Bir güzele bende gönül" are the same, but sometimes it is written as Usûl:Semai and sometimes as Usul:Yürük Semai.
Cinuçen Tanrıkorur's study of ''Türk Mûsikîsinde Usûl-Vezin Münâsebeti'' (1996) and Tolga Bektaş's ''Relationships between Prosodic and Musical Meters in the Beste Form of Classical Turkish Music ''(2005), "Composers tend to set a specific prosodic meter to a structurally related musical meter" which makes me think that there is a connection between aruz and usul....

Güfte:
Ey vatan ey ümm-i müşfik şâd u handân ol bugün

Aruz:
'fâ'ilâtün/fâ'ilâtün/fâ'ilâtün/fâ'ilün'

Son düzenleme:
Mesajlar
Tepki Puanı
Of course I have the sheet music.

Here the sound recordings from the Ottoman Imperial Military Bands:

Here a different arrangement with an (I assume): Intruduction a la marche; andante and the Coda or final vivo part.

Here a version with an Introduction a la mazurka style. (Shared by our dear friend @-Osman- )

and here a vocal version :

(But for the first part they sing a different text, from what I've showed in the sheet text.)

I conclusion, this march seems to be a very popular one in the past. Many different arrangements also from the well known composer and arrangeur Sinanian was made, and recorded.
From the different military band records we can also notice that even the official Version could have variations. But the characterstic main part in Semai usul seems always to remain (with little changes) while the Introduction and the Coda/ Final part is from arrangement to arrangement different.

Looks like a popular "must have" for a music repertoir during the II. Constitutional Reform Period. A Patriotic march and relict of the 1900/1910s . . .

Bütün Ekli Dosyaları İndir

Son düzenleme:
Mesajlar
Tepki Puanı
YouTube
link
Thanks a lot.
I had never heard of the Usûl:Semai march before.
I thought all marches were from Usûl:Sofyan.
Thank you.

Güftesi

Ey vatan ey ümm-i müşfik şâd u handân ol bugün
'Âlem-i 'Osmâniyâna pertev-efşân ol bugün

Kurtul ebr-i hîlekârîden semâ-yı sıdka çık
Kalbimiz olsun münevver mihr-i rahşân ol bugün

Bahş olundu gayrı hürriyyet bütün evlâdına
Gel gel ey hâk-i mukaddes mazhar-ı şân ol bugün

Sîneni çâk eyle görsün bunları ecdâdımız
Onların ervâhına her dem nigeh-bân ol bugün

Koş bugün evlâd u ahfâdınla bâb-ı vahdete
Sıhhat u 'ömr-i humâyûna du'â-hân ol bugün

Mesajlar
Tepki Puanı
Yes, usually marches in Sofyan/ Nim Sofyan and sometimes peşrevs are arranged to sofyan (I have seen this in mevlevi(hane) peşrevi)
and are played like a march.

Otherwise Semai is mostly Valz or mazurka style "marches". Yes "March" because of their function and similarities.

Here Ey büti nev eda, perfectly fitting to a band. I also planned to ask the polish Consulate for the sheet notes.
But I think somewhere in the Archives there could be an original ottoman military band arrangement of it.

Son düzenleme:
Üst Alt